Sunday, December 9, 2007

Hello World

This is the first of many posts to come. Right now it is my plan to put up at least one post every other day describing what I am doing for my Masters Capstone.

A little about myself. My name is Andrew Luly, I was born back in 1984 (do the math). I am currently a Second year Grad student at the Rochester Institute of Technology. I am in the IT masters program, focusing in Multimedia, Database, and Web Technologies. I originally came here with thoughts of Networking and Web Design, however after a few classes I realized the error of my ways.

My main languages are AS2, AS3, PHP(4 and 5), and web ‘languages’ (html, Javascript, CSS). I know others however I have not used them in a long time so they are not worth mentioning. I enjoy PHP because it is soooo lose (as far as data types and such) thus making it very powerful. AS2 was one of the first languages I went in depth and became proficient. AS3 is like AS2, however since it is strongly typed you can do lots of things better and faster. Not to mention you can use it with Flex which is my new best friend.

I have also done a fair amount of work with Oracle 10g, and MySQL, including installation, light admin work, and performance and tuning.

So, with that being said, I give you my Masters Capstone blog, and I encourage comments / questions / random facts / and any awesomeness that you might have to give!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what have you been doing Mr. Luly...

December 11, 2007 at 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home