Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Servers are Mainly done!!

Finally I am done with these servers… for the most part. All the software is installed and most of it is configured for what we need. I am not going to list off everything that is installed on each computer, however it is rather extensive. There are 3 machines, 1 machine took a while because it was the first, and I did some things that I had never been done before (https, subversion, finding and installing a wiki). The second machine went very fast, because I just had to repeat the steps of the 1st machine. Lastly was the third machine. This gave me a bit of trouble because I had to find some different RPMs (installs) for different programs (MySql, java, flash…) which turned out to be a bit of a pain in the butt. Then getting MySql to co-operate with PHP was a big annoyance, however we finally figured it out.
Now I am just customizing the one machine then going to port all the information across the other three machines, snap shot them, then call it a night.
After this I am going to begin research on various visualizations research, and checking on different ways to log various amounts of data. Still not sure what I am logging, however I have been promised I will know before weeks end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home